Terms & Conditions
D&S Swim School will always aim to be open, honest and fair with all of its clients. We therefore invite you to read all of our policies and procedures and contact us if you wish to discuss anything within them
If you fail to adhere to D&S Swim School terms and conditions, a customer may be requested to discontinue lessons with D&S Swimschool. In this instance D&S Swimschool will be under no obligation to provide refunds for any future lessons.
We reserve the right to make amendments to our Terms and Conditions at any time to reflect changes in our business or statutory obligations. The amended terms & conditions will be posted on D&S Swim School website and will be effective immediately.
By continuing with bookings it is assumed you agree with the T&Cs set out below.
Payment for classes can be paid in full or in monthly instalments, this will be advised to you at the time of booking along with payment timescales / methods available and will be confirmed via email.
All payment dates will be confirmed to you, If payment is made on time your place in the lessons is secure.
Failed Go Cardless payments will result in a £5 Administration Charge and Cancelled Go Cardless payments will result in a £15 Administration Charge, which will be added to the balance.
Cancellation / Amendments
D&S Swim School Ltd reserves the right to alter course dates should it be necessary due to illness or other unforeseeable reasons. where this happens we will endeavour to give as much notice as possible.
Any cancellations due to force majeure, power cuts, pool closures, lesson cancellations, adverse weather, disasters and pandemics will not be refundable, as these are out of our control.
D&S Swim School do not offer refunds for the cancellation of courses, the space is secured for the term and if you decide to leave before the end of the term, this must be communicated via email, any remaining / outstanding term payment will be due in full within 24hrs of cancellation.
Refunds if granted are processed at the end of the current term.
D&S Swim School Ltd. is committed to providing the best service it can, but we also understand that, occasionally, something may go wrong or you may be unhappy with the service provided.. If at any point you are unhappy with the service provided we would like to know so that we can address this issue as soon as possible to resolve to your satisfaction.
We view all feedback as valuable and important feedback about the service which we provide, and will use the feedback to improve the service that we provide.
To make a complaint please call Amanda Fey or Karen Munday, Managing Directors,
Telephone: 07720 613965, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All children attending Parent& Baby/Child lessons must be accompanied in the water by their adult or carer.
Parents / carers are responsible for their child in their care at all times when they are in the pool with the child and must inform the teacher before the lesson of any issues or concerns that they may have.
Bad behaviour / language or aggression to any teacher or member of D&S Swim School will NOT be tolerated, we expect customers to act in a civilised manner at all times, at our venues and when speaking to a member of the team on the phone.
During the lessons there will be some physical contact between the teacher and their child, this will always be carried out in a professional manner.
It is the customer’s responsibility to inform D&S Swimschool and teacher of any condition (whether it be medical or not) that could affect their or their child’s capabilities in the swimming pool, all information will be treated as confidential, this will help ensure that we take these conditions into consideration in the lessons.
Customers must agree to follow pool procedures which will be advised to them at the time of confirmation (and further confirmed in confirmation of registration email). It is important that customers follow instructions given to them regarding car parking and entry and exit route to pools, if you have any questions please ask the teacher or a member of D&S Swim School.
Customers should aim to arrive no more than 10 minutes before the lesson .
Food is strictly forbidden in the pool buildings (unless the rules of the venue are different, D&S Swim School will advise you).
Smoking is strictly forbidden inside our venues, some venues may have designanted smoking areas, please adhere to the venue rules.
What to wear
- D&S Swim School policy is that children in parent & baby and parent & toddler classes must wear tight fitting swim nappies, to avoid contamination of the water, if the water is contaminated the pool will be closed which will result in disruption to further lessons scheduled . The policy also applies to children who are not yet fully toilet trained they must wear a tight fitting swim nappy. Children are welcome to wear swimming costumes, swim trunks or baby swimsuits.
- Children & adults must remove loose / hair bobbles / clips / head bands or sharp jewellery before swimming, we would not want any items to come off in the pool as they may fall into the pools filters and cause considerable damage.
- All children & adults (with the exception parent & baby and parent & toddler) must wear a swimming cap.
- Outdoor footwear is not permitted poolside, blue overshoes may be provided at some venues.
- Goggles are optional for both children and adults.
Health & Safety
- Swimmers & Parents / Carers: please do not run or allow your child to run on pool side, we do not want anyone to have an accident or injure them selves.
- You must not bring your child swimming if they are unwell, if you are unsure please speak to a member of the D&S Swim School team.
- Swimmers must not get into the swimming pool until the teacher says that it is safe to do so if a swimmer needs to leave the pool before the end of the lesson they must tell the teacher.
- We ask that parents take all your used nappies away with you unless there is a clearly marked bin available to dispose of them. Please do not leave nappies in an open bin in our venues for hygiene reasons.
- Swimmers must shower before getting into the pool for their lessons.
Photography / Videos
We do not allow any photography / videos at any of of venues, if you have any questions regarding this please speak to a member of D&S Swim School.
Recommend a Friend
When you refer a friend and they have registered and paid in full you will receive £10 discount on term fees (or credit on your account if you have already paid in full for your term fees), this will be explained to you at the time.